Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Final: Reflective Post

I thought I knew all about technology but I didn't... 

Photo Credits to: Peter Ras on Flickr.

 Let me start of by saying how glad I am that I took EME2040. I remember before this class even started how scared I was. Being enrolled in four other classes and after looking at the learning outcomes on our course syllabus I did not expect to have accomplished it all as well as I did. I have to admit I did put a lot of effort and time into this class than most of my other courses, therefor I think I do deserve the grade I received.
Thinking I had knew all about technology until the first week of class went by and I noticed I really did not. This class has taught me so much, from building my own collaborative lesson plan to creating my own teacher portfolio online that I will definitely use when I have my own classroom. We also created our own WebQuest which I found to be such a fascinating way to teach our students and involve them in something fun as they explore online and learn at the same time. Creating my own WebQuest was challenging as it was with other assignments for this course, but it sure was a great tool to learn how to create for my future references. 
     I have had other classes where we had to participate in online class discussions. This one has been the first where I actually looked forward to them. We had great topics to write about and everyone in my class did a fantastic job at writing about what they chose, making easy to comment back and keep a conversation going. I enjoyed every single discussion we had as I also learned a lot through them. My favorite part of the whole semester in this class was our weekly blogs. I had heard of people writing blogs but I never Knew the purpose of having one or even knew how to make one. Now that the semester is over, I am glad I have my blogs to go back and look upon and see how much more I have advanced, hopefully in technology too. The main source that helped me write all of my blogs was the textbook. I received so much information out of it that I had enough to write about. The book for this class is by far one of the best books made. It was so easy to follow through and it did not bored me as most school textbooks do. 
     If I can change anything in this class it would be the amount of time given on due assignments. This is one thing that stressed me out for the most part. Having five classes this semester was a big challenge for me and the work load was insane especially for this course, which is not such a big deal because school is meant for work. Maybe if assignments were able to be due by midnight of the day it is due would be a little better . Than again I understand rules are rules and every teacher has their preferences. Another thing I would change is the assignments we are to do in groups. Unfortunately not everyone goes to school and works hard at what they are to do. When you are a good student and your trying to get a good grade in something, situations like this are not so helpful when you are put together with someone that is lazy or someone that expects everyone else to do the work. Luckily I was put in groups with great hard working people but I know a few people in my class that did not get so lucky and it sucked seeing this happened.
     Overall this class was a complete success and my learning towards technology in a classroom has expanded so much. I am glad I was able to be a part of EME2040 fall semester. If I can't remember anything that this class has taught me which will be impossible, I will always remember to go back to my blog posts which could bring back all the cool topics I wrote about, reminding me how I can bring technology upon my classroom to engage and teach my students. 


    


Photo Credits to : MikeArnzen on Flickr



Thank you Professor Coleman for such a great and enjoyable learning experience this semester. I appreciate all the knowledge you 
shared with us and for all the help you gave when it was needed !









Credits to : jrhode on flickr. 


Resources: Maloy, R. W., Verock-O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2011).Transforming learning with new technologies. Boston: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon.






No comments:

Post a Comment