Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Digital Badge H-Chapter 9

     


Powered by emaze
All of the tools presented in chapter 9 are creative digital tools that can be used  in all different grade levels. These digital tools can be used with all types of learning styles while expressing their creativity and learning new and cool ways to show their understanding.

Podcasts as a Learning Technology- I never really thought of podcasts being used in a classroom. I think it would be a pretty cool tool to use with students though. They are able to learn to be creative and the teacher is able as well to see each and everyones skills and understanding. Podcasts can allow teachers to assign a student for a summary of what they have learned each day, or to create videos to discuss with other students in their classroom or even students from a different class but the same grade level. Teachers are able to evaluate these kids understanding while also being able to see how they are able to improve their teaching skills themselves. Using podcasts to create a portfolio for each student can be something useful to see their progress throughout the school year. Thinking about the advantages of creating podcasts in a classroom, I am more convinced that this is something I would like to incorporate in my class in the future. 

Digital Storytelling- I have decided that if I become a teacher, I would either like to teach Language Arts or ELL students. Using digital storytelling with these students would be fun for them but also challenging. They will have to create summaries on books they are assigned to read or books they have read for fun. This can help other students choosing the right book to read next. Digital storytelling can also be used to have kids do presentations on other things related to the class. I have never had this experience as a student before, but this seems so interesting to me. I think it would also be very good to use in my future classroom.

Next-generation presentation tools- I have heard of prezi before but I have never really used it and figured it out until I took this class. I have always seen people use prezi for a class project or class presentations but it never occurred to me of making one. Last week, it was my first time trying it out. It was not as hard as I thought it would be to create one. I had fun while I was doing it, I think I did a good job for my first one. I will continue to create prezis whenever I have presentations due because I like the whole set up and cool backgrounds you could use. Animoto was another tool I have just discoverd in this class and I want to mention how disappointed I am that I now just did. I think animo to is a cool tool to create video clips and although it could be used in classrooms you can use it for personal use as well. I think I will create one of these with all the pictures of my future wedding. I did see a clip made by someone else and the idea of it and creativity made want to do one as well. Glogster is another tool, but I find  this one a little hard to create. I have not really gave it a chance, but I think on my next blog I will see what I can create.









Resources: 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had many fun discoveries in this chapter - all aligned nicely to the Diverse Learners webquest, as well. :) I know you will continue to play with them to make them work well not only for your future students, but also for personal use. They will, in fact, become pretty ubiquitous! :)

    Digital storytelling is a powerful instructional strategy as you allow students their own voice in creation and concept. The various tools are awesome, too - but the process of telling a story is just as important as the end product.

    ReplyDelete